Updated: Feb 21, 2021
By, Wendiann Alfieri
So I wanted to write some examples of simile's and metaphors, so here they are:
- Smiling is like a light bulb, beautiful but sometimes blinding
- Forgetting is as hard as remembering
-This world is like a house on fire, from a distance it looks like an candlelight, up close it is as dangerous as can be
- My strength is as strong as a rubber band, its flexible and can be tested but stretch is too much and it breaks
- Why is strangeness like a waterfall, beautiful and overwhelming, but never fully understood?
-My brain is like it's in a sealed envelope, waiting for someone to open it and see the truth
-Happiness is like sadness it needs to be discovered for by you
- Stuffed animals are sometimes like friends, you find them, you love them, and you lose them
-Candy is like a necessary evil, it is sweet at first but afterward it can make you regret your decision
-Earth is as big as a speck compared to the universe
-Beauty is a poison that is sweet
-Love is a tree that falls down
-Minds are a maze that you cannot leave
-Sadness is a root that keeps growing
-Reality is a needle that sews its meaning so that its a mystery
-Time is a knife that does not stop
- Joy is a spring that lets you soar
-Anger is sometimes a breath of air
Well, that's a few examples. A simile is a device that compares two things with the words " like" or "as" in it. A metaphor compares an abstract and solid things.
Hope you enjoyed!